Cutler-Donahoe Covered Bridge
The Cutler-Donahoe Bridge is the only remaining covered bridge in Madison County, Iowa to have two names. The bridges were usually named after the family that lived the closest, but both the Cutlers and the Donahoes demanded naming rights. Guess they didn’t have bidding wars back then.
This bridge was built in 1870 by Eli Cox. It is 79 feet in length. It was originally located over the North River near Bevington. It was moved to its present site in Winterset’s City Park in 1970 for preservation.